The history of our some of our hotels is a very interesting one, along with some important and famous guests that have stay with us through the years.
Harking back to the illustrious splendour and endeavour of the Industrial Revolution, our hotels incarnate the very spirit of Victorian luxury.
Nestled across the two counties of Devon and Cornwall, our hotels have played their role in the history of this glorious region. Whether hosting royalty, providing inspiration to world-famous authors, or being involved in the War effort, our hotels possess a rich tapestry of memories that few can match.
Learn more about our past here…
- The Falmouth Hotel Cornwall, many famous people have passed through the hotel’s doors, including Edward VII (when Prince of Wales)
- The Fowey Hotel Cornwall, find out about it’s connection with Wind in the Willows author Kenneth Grahame and novelist Daphne Du Maurier
- The Grand Hotel Torquay has an interesting past with past with Agatha Christie
- The Grosvenor Hotel Torquay, originally started life as two Victorian Villas
- The Metropole Hotel Padstow Cornwall, the Prince of Wales, stayed at The Metropole occupying room 6, it’s rumoured Mrs Simpson stayed there with him on a number of occasions!
- The Royal Beacon, Exmouth. What’s so Royal about the Beacon? Click to find out more
Spring Into Summer
Introducing The Royal Beacon | Exmouth
Richardson Price Promise
Dartmouth Farmers Market